11.21.2012

Bridesmaid Dress to Pillow

Yes, I broke my promise of doing a post about the pillow, but it is here now...2 months later.  That has to count for something???


No?


Okay...fair enough.  I understand.


I've been seeing my projects pop up on Pinterest, which has inspired me to start blogging again.  I have soooo many projects to share!  I might not post for another 2 months...maybe a year...maybe tomorrow, but I'm not ready to close this blog down yet, so one project at a time, you'll still see me around blogland from time to time.


So...here I am.  No matter how badly you try to get rid of me, I just keep coming back.  You never know when, but when you least expect it, I pop up!  Like that song "the cat came back, the very next day, the cat came back...you thought he was a goner, but the cat came back, he just couldn't stay away".  Who doesn't love Fred Penner!?!?!!!


What was this post suppose to be about?


Ah...yes...home decor.  DIY.  Bedroom.


My bedroom needed another pillow.  I wanted silver and I was broke.


Enter 2002 bridesmaid dress from my best friend's wedding.




This is not the dress we wore, but close.  One of the excuses reasons I have for not posting this sooner, is that I don't have our actual bridesmaid dresses in digital form.  I only have it on old fashion film prints.  Being far too lazy, I never got around to turning it into a digital print.


I googled and googled and found this dress....closest to what our dresses looked like.  Ours were silver, we had a train and the back was a corset style.


After a little help from my mom (okay...she did it all...I don't sew...but the idea was mine!  That's got to count, right? RIGHT?!)  anyways... Voila!!  A pillow...




See it?  FREE!!!


I had an old king pillow that I chopped into 3 pieces.  Now I have 2 extra pieces to make pillows for my next project!


I love it!

3 comments:

Michael said...

Nice bridesmaid dress in this post and thanks for your post

Hugh Park said...

Now, with such a wide selection of dress styles available, choosing bridesmaid dresses will feel exciting!

Bridesmaid Dresses

SDavid said...

It's a nice post to share about the Bridesmaid Dress to Pillow and Thanks for sharing the experience. Some of the engaged people needs a help for planning the wedding. They should make use of the wedding app are free will be useful for them.

Post a Comment